Monday, June 18, 2012

Little Orphan Annie

I got to help make costumes again for Eugene Field A+ Elementary. The production for 2012 was "Annie jr.".  They had some orphan costumes already, but needed 7 more of them. I took one of the dresses home, made a pattern from it, enlarged it by a size or two (the dresses were too small for some of the actresses), and created 7 new ones. They also included a scarf with patches sewn on, but I didn't get a picture of those for some reason. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the girls in the dresses, because they looked a lot cuter on. My time to make these was pretty limited this year, and I made these in 5 days! I wouldn't want to do that again, since I had to cut some corners to make the time crunch, but they worked fine.